General waxing tips Parissa Salon waxes (Resin Based)
- Do not heat wax on open flame. Do not leave wax unattended on heat – boiling or spillage may cause fire.
Before you start, do a patch test.
When using new beauty products always test for allergies. How? Apply a small amount of wax to your skin, wait 24 hours. If no redness or irritation occurs it’s OK to go ahead and use the product.
Do not bathe, wash or clean skin before waxing.
The skin’s natural oils provide a buffer between wax and skin.
- Sparingly applying some talc (soft) powder to the area is an option, this can help keep the skin dry in warmer weather.
- Don’t wax over the same area more than once during a single waxing session.
- Previously shaved hair can be stubbly and resistant. Wait for at least two weeks hair growth (½ cm or ¼”) before waxing.
- Avoid waxing before or after strenuous exercise.
- Remove any wax left on skin with the Azulene aftercare oil included in the kit (or other gentle oils such as baby oil or mineral oil).
Warnings: Always Follow Parissa's Waxing Instructions.
Improper use of waxes can cause skin lifting, bruising or skin irritation. If in doubt, contact Parissa before waxing for extra instructions or advice.
- Do not wax sensitive, sunburned, irritated, broken or injured skin.
- Avoid waxing over varicose veins, moles, warts or other skin irregularities.
- Do not use alcohol or astringents before or after waxing.
- Do not use beauty or cosmetic products on the skin immediately after waxing.
- Do not use deodorants or antiperspirants for 24 hours after underarm waxing.
- Do not wax skin treated with vitamin A derivatives such as Retin A, Isotretinoin (Accutane) or Glycolic Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid products.
- Do not sunbathe before or after waxing.
Clean any excess wax remaining on the skin with Azulene Oil. Other gentle oils such as baby oil or mineral oil will also work just fine to clean away wax. Parissa salon waxes (Resin Based) will not clean away with water, they are oil soluble.
Some redness after waxing is normal. Most people experience some level of temporary pinkness or redness to the skin after waxing. Depending on the area waxed and the hair type (fine or coarse) this should disappear in 20 minutes to a few hours. If irritation and redness persists, discontinue use. High skin sensitivity may occur after first use, but can decrease with each waxing session as the hair grows back sparser, finer and weaker.