General waxing tips Parissa Salon waxes (Resin Based)
Warnings: Always Follow Parissa's Waxing Instructions.
Before you start, do a patch test.
When using new beauty products always test for allergies. How? Apply a small amount of wax to your skin, wait 24 hours. If no redness or irritation occurs it’s OK to go ahead and use the product.
Do not bathe, wash or clean skin before waxing.
The skin’s natural oils provide a buffer between wax and skin.
- Sparingly applying some talc (soft) powder to the area is an option, this can help keep the skin dry in warmer weather.
- Don’t wax over the same area more than once during a single waxing session.
- Previously shaved hair can be stubbly and resistant. Wait for at least two weeks hair growth (½ cm or ¼”) before waxing.
- Avoid waxing before or after strenuous exercise.
- Remove any wax left on skin with the Azulene aftercare oil included in the kit (or other gentle oils such as baby oil or mineral oil).
Clean any excess wax remaining on the skin with warm water and soap.
Parissa Washable waxes (Sugar Based) can be clean away easily with warm water and soap.
Some redness after waxing is normal.
Most people experience some level of temporary pinkness or redness to the skin after waxing. Depending on the area waxed and the hair type this should disappear in 20 minutes to a few hours. If irritation and redness persists, discontinue use. The skin may be more sensitive after the first waxing session, as the hairs are more deeply rooted. However this can improve with each waxing session as the hair grows back sparser, finer and weaker each time