- Where are your ingredients sourced? We source from Europe and North America to ensure safe, high-quality ingredients. We give preference to local suppliers to support our community and minimize our carbon footprint. We always purchase ingredients and components from companies that operate in a legislative framework that enforce strong environmental, labour and human rights regulations.
- Are your ingredients sustainable? We only use natural, food-grade ingredients. We refrain from using GMO's, fragrances with phthalates, synthetic or chemical preservatives or parabens in all of our formulations.
- Does you laboratory or manufacturing plant produce toxic emissions? No. Parissa's plant produces NO bi-products or environmental waste. Our facility is powered by natural gas and hydro-electric power, the cleanest most sustainable forms of energy. Our new plant is targeting LEED Gold, one of the highest global environmental standards for buildings.
- What are you doing about your Carbon Footprint? In 2010, Parissa made a commitment to measure its total carbon emissions in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of our products. We participated in a program designed to record our total greenhouse gas inventory and to make a commitment to reduce our total greenhouse gas emissions. The expert 3rd party that reviews and audits our GHG inventory and reduction strategies is ClimateSmart Business.
Parissa is proud to be a member of The Leaping Bunny Program. A program that administers a cruelty-free standard for companies producing cosmetic, personal care and household products. It provides the best assurance that no animal testing is used in any phase of product development by the company, it's laboratories or suppliers. The Leaping Bunny program is the only internationally recognized program of its kind.
Canadian Woman-Owned Company
WEConnect Canada is a Canadian non-profit organization certifying companies that are owned, managed, and controlled by women, connecting them globally with a network of women-owned enterprise. Parissa is, still to this day as it has been for over 25 years, owned and managed by our founder, Mrs. Azar Moayeri.
Parissa makes a conscious effort to use responsible packaging materials. All containers and packaging are intentionally made with materials that are easily recyclable or sustainably harvested. The paper used for our boxes, instructions and promotional materials are produced from wood harvested from responsibly managed forests certified by either Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
Green Parents List
The Green Parents' List Check Mark for Bath & Skin Care applies to bath and personal care products intended primarily for children 12 years of age or younger, and for new or expecting moms. Bath & Skin Care encompasses a very wide range of products including shampoos, soaps, diapers rash ointment, sunscreens and baby lotions to name just a few.
The Green Parents' List Check Mark™ is awarded to bath and skin care products that have been checked against US restricted material requirements. In particular, we focus on restrictions mandated for carcinogens such as 1,4 dioxane, and formaldehyde: chemicals that have recently been found in children's bath and skin care products.
How do we know that a product meets the specific material restriction requirements? At Green Parents' List, product test reports are checked by parents with the scientific education to interpret the results. Our review process verifies:
- Mandatory third-party testing has been performed by an accredited laboratory for one or more of the chemicals above
- Test reports meet the mandated restricted substance thresholds at the time of review
- The declaration of compliance by the manufacturer and the supporting evidence including but not limited to test reports.
- At least one additional Green claim made by the manufacturer and the supporting evidence to validate it.