Brows-ing for the perfect party arch

This month, It's all about the brows, 'bout the brows, no trouble. 

Your face isn’t symmetrical; don’t expect your brows to be. Recently, I read a quote that said “Eyebrows are like sisters, not twins.”  which made me think if they are anything like my sister and me, then you can be guaranteed one of them will be crazy.  So don't spend hours in front of a mirror trying to force them to be identical, it just won't happen. Accept this, life will get easier and you'll have more time to focus on what you CAN do to create the perfect frame for the window of your soul.

You probably  know how you want yours to look already, and you know this from admiring the frontal frons on your friends, quietly coveting the full, seemingly perfect shape (75% of us admit to eyebrow envy, and the other 25% are lying). You may even have read all the blogs, articles and instructions outlining how to achieve said head thatch. But putting all of that together for the first time can be discombobulatingly daunting.

However, if I can learn how to program the clock in my car to daylight savings time, then you can learn to format your forehead fur with  no mistakes, no goof-ups, no trouble.

All you have to do to find your natural shape (it's already there, you just have to uncover it) is focus on what should be there, not what shouldn't. So get some brown eyeshadow, liner, pencil or go raid your kid brother's box of washable markers, just get something you can use to fill in your natural brows.

Take your colour and slowly start to fill them in where the hairs actually are (no drawing outside the lines here). You can get a Q-tip with some make-up remover or water on it and carefully remove the colour to shape how you'd like your brows to look. Once you have the shape just right, all that's left is to remove everything else that's not within the coloured area. Easy right?

For the next step, we’ve taken all the guess work by goof-proofing the wax. Parissa Brow Shapers are tiny pre-waxed strips that are ready to use, which means they do not require any heating or spreading - making them super quick and easy. The strip backing is transparent so you can see exactly where you are placing the strip and no misplacement = no mistakes. The gentle cream wax is opaque, allowing you to see exactly which hairs are going to be removed before you even pull the strip.

What’s more, in the event that you accidently press the strip onto hair you don't  want to remove, don't panic (we've thought of this too) simply grasp the strip and very slowly pull it off in the same direction as hair growth, preventing the hair from being removed so that you can try again. Don't worry if you end up with a tiny bit of wax residue on your brow, it will clean off after you are done, using the blue Azulene Oil included in your kit.

 

Now re-apply the strip where you want it, making sure you can see exactly which hairs are being removed. Holding the skin taut with one hand, quickly zip the strip off in the opposite direction of hair growth. Repeat until all the stray hairs are removed, being mindful not to go over the same area more than once.

Your first attempt may take 20 minutes or so, but with practice, you'll be a super, savvy shaper in no time. Let's consider costs too, especially as the holidays approach. If you’re going to the salon to get your brows done, do your own touch-ups by following your estheticians design and spread your appointments out to every other month to keep that salon look without the salon price tag. Considering Parissa Brow Shaper has enough strips for several treatments, you just can't beat $10 cost. (#stockingstuffer) My point here is that it’s SO much easier than you think, it's super cost effective and it really takes no time at all to get party-ready brows! Just imagine how well those shimmery seasonal shadows will look under your gorgeous DIM (did it myself) arches. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me personally and I will be happy to walk you through it.

Have a wonderful festive season, and Happy New Year!
 
Alley Laundry 
Parissa Waxing Guru

ps: That clear backing on the strips is NOT made of plastic, but rather cellulose so that it will break down in the environment. #green

 

Home | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Return Policy | Contact Us | Facebook Twitter
Copyright © 2009 Parissa Laboratories Inc. All Rights Reserved.