Back to school. Back to rules.
It’s back to school time, and whether you are a student yourself, or have a brood of school-age kids in your care, this is the time of year for getting back to routines, schedules and the rules.
We thought this would be a good time to remind you that just because leg-bearing shorts and barely-there bikinis are being put away doesn’t mean you should let your beauty regime slide.
It’s also a good time to review the most important rule of Waxing, from Parissa School of Smooth Skin: Read instructions: then read them again. This is your roadmap to success.
You are an expert in your field. You know the ins and outs of what you do in the workplace, and in your home. If we were to step into your shoes for a day, you’d probably want to leave us some notes on how to do what you do. You may even caution us about a few things.
And we’d certainly appreciate that.
And we’d read your note – and your cautions.
We are waxing experts. We know so much about our products, that we wrote a detailed note including photo-directions, step by step methods and important common sense cautions. Every Parissa product comes with these detailed instructions, because we want you to be a happy, satisfied customer.
When you read your instruction sheets, please take note of these crucial sections, just in case you find yourself in a sticky situation later…
- Right at the top: photo instructions.This outlines whether or not to wash your skin first, how to apply and correctly remove the strip.
- To the right of your page, the same steps are explained, please note the very first thing: Patch test. Why? Because this will give you the confidence to proceed without concern.
- Toward the bottom you will see Common Sense Cautions. We’ve all heard the addage: “Common sense isn’t all that common” Even if you have been waxing for years – please read these again… Times change, your skin changes, the other products you use also changes.
- The second column has Tips and Clean up & Aftercare. Answers to about 80% of the customer questions we receive are in the printed instruction sheet we include in each kit. Don’t get me wrong – we LOVE talking to you and hearing your feedback but we also understand that your time is valuable and are pretty sure you would rather be walking out the door with salon-smooth skin rather than calling us to find out what may have gone wrong.
We get so many calls from people who have dripped wax or tried to remove it from their skin incorrectly. For example, using soap and water to remove Parissa Warm Wax from your counter or microwave will leave you frustrated and no closer to getting it clean. This is because oil-soluble waxes clean up with oil, not water, but sugar-based waxes will. Reading through this section with have the drips or spills cleaned up in minutes.
- Last and far from least: The Parissa Care-Line. Here is where you can reach us in case of emergency. In fact you can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and speak to myself or one of our experienced waxing experts who will be able to help you If you aren’t in dire need, you can email us and expect a reply by the next business day. Don’t be shy either, feel free to hit us with your toughest waxing questions… we’ve heard it all and can guarantee, if you can reach it, we can help you wax it. If you aren’t sure if you should wax, for instance because you are a heavy user of anti-aging creams or acne products, you can contact us directly and a real person will answer your call between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Pacific Time).
Happy Waxing, Alley Laundry Parissa Waxing Guru